Jazz Up Your Greens! Broccoli, Turmeric and Tofu Salad
Time to jazz up your tofu and greens with this Brocollini, Zucchini & Tumeric Tofu Salad recipe!
Combined with toasted nuts, broccolini and zucchini grilled in garlic infused olive oil, served with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, this dish pairs earthy flavours with juicy fresh greens and I love it!
FODMAP, vegan and vegetarian friendly, this salad is packed with protein and nutrients so is sure to satisfy.
This recipe is easy to pack into a lunch box if you’re after something a bit different to your normal sandwich or garden salad and tuna for lunch. It’s also enjoyable cold, but easily reheats in the microwave so is ideal for meal prepping!
Dinner, lunches or as a side, make a big batch of this versatile salad and portion out into containers for ready meals!
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 2 large zucchinis
- 200gm firm tofu, diced 1cm cubes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbs garlic infused olive oil (you will use 3 x 1tbs amounts)
- ¼ cup slithered almonds
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs balsamic glaze
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the vegetables, add 1 tbs of the olive oil to a frying pan and on a medium heat cook the zucchini and broccolini, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss tofu in the tumeric, salt and pepper until coated.
- In a smaller second pan, add 1 tbs of olive oil and on a medium heat cook the tofu. Set aside in a bowl when outer is slightly crispy.
- Using the same small pan, brown the nuts (this will happen quickly so don’t walk away and turn continuously).
- Add the cooked vegetables and tofu to a platter and sprinkle with nuts, lemon juice, balsamic glaze and salt and pepper to taste.
Amy Darcy is a Mum, lawyer and the editor of Eat Pray Workout, an Australian based website for women who want to be the healthiest, happiest version of themselves.