Active Living – Powering Positivity
Yep, here at MNB we’re eternal optimists – that’s just how we roll ✨. But, did you know how important positivity actually is for your wellbeing and to make sure that you’re living your life with purpose and passion? Answer – very! (Even science says so!)
While a silver lining / glass half full positive attitude may or may not come naturally to you, being able to really harness the power of positivity can level up your mindset and set you up to live every day with passion and purpose – like the epic boss you are. ????????
The Practice of Positivity
There’s a lot more to positivity than sporting a winning smile all day. Like anything, it takes practice (the daily practice of Move Nourish Believe ????). Especially now we’re always ‘on’, being bombarded with news, events, expectations and comparisons.
By developing your own personal ‘positivity practice’ you’re creating a mindset and environment that will build resilience, fulfilment and an all round happier life. ✨
As Lizzo preaches – “You deserve to feel as good as hell!”
So, here are the tips to cultivating a positivity practice we’re loving (and practicing!) right now:
1: The Switcharoo
A classic – the old switcharoo. Each time you think or start to react negatively stop, take a breath and make the conscious decision to find the positive. Some will be easier than others, but the more you recognise a negative thought, stop it and replace it with a positive, the more you’re training your brain to look for the positive.
2: Positive Self-Talk
We all have an internal monologue running through our heads 24/7 – so make it a good one! Be your own cheerleader by pumping yourself up and recognising how amazing you are. Recognise the little things in your day that bring you happiness, no matter how small. Need some inspo? My go-to is Joy from Inside Out ????
3: Positive Environment
You have the power to create and/or control your personal environment:
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up, give you energy, are positive and supportive.
- Clear out your social feeds and follow accounts who make you laugh, inspire you, encourage you to grow and learn. Ditch the ones who bring you down, make you doubt yourself or are mean spirited.
- Exercise, eat well, take time to recover and restore your body. When you look after your body you instantly feel better about yourself and life in general! And remember, endorphins make you happy!
- Take pride in your living spaces (home, work… anywhere you spend your time). Add plants, pictures of things that make you happy or your vision board to inspire you. But most of all, keep it clean and tidy and treat it with the love it deserves.
- Spend time outside. Seriously – it works wonders!
- Start your day right. Create a positive morning routine – here’s how.
4: Be Fearless
Believe in yourself and be fearless in living the life you want to live. When you’re passionately pursuing your goals you can’t help but feel good about yourself and what you’re working towards. Don’t let setbacks or the fear of ‘failing’ stop you. There’s no such thing. These hurdles are the only way you’ll learn, grow, be stronger and get to where you want to go. When you approach life with fearless positivity – the possibilities are endless!
MNB Take Aways:
- Living positively will benefit your health and wellbeing (physically, mentally & emotionally).
- Approaching life with fearless positivity will enable you to reach your goals and live with purpose and fufillment.
- Cultivating your personal positivity practice is a powerful tool to support your overall wellness.