Coming back from a weekend of heightened emotions, this Thankful Thursday I am feeling so grateful for those special friends that truly understand and love me. The ones that I can rely on to keep me grounded when life loses its gravity around me.
I believe you know the kind of friends that I am talking about. Those friends who just ‘get’ you?
- They are the ones that can see straight through you, even when you don’t realise there is something to be found.
- They help you to see things clearly when fog clouds your perception and offer an insight that you have never thought of yourself.
- They are the ones who you call upon and are by your side in a heartbeat. Giving advice that may not be what you’re hoping to hear but you find comfort in their honesty because it seems to restore the soul.
- They rejoice in your victories, are encouraging in your trialling times and are not afraid to illuminate things you may need to work on. Not to mention being there with you every step of the way.
- They are OK with not saying anything. The best moments with them are the ones when you are so connected and in tune with one another that no words even need to be spoken. A simple look is shared instead. The kind where you know they understand what you are about to say before you say it.
- They are your knight in shining armour and replenish your soul with joy, smiles, giggles, thankfulness, peace, contentment, love and genuine care.
- They build you up, cheer you on and motivate you by infusing value, goodness and hope into your spirit so you can keep on keeping on.
- After spending time with them, you can’t help but come away feeling like you’re on top of the world. It’s those people who ‘get’ you, that make you realise that you need beautiful friendships like theirs to be able to fully experience life in all it’s beauty.
Sporty Sister, I am sure you have envisioned a person in your head that matches this description. Show your gratitude today by honouring them for the love they generously give you and send a text or leave a note to simply say, I am Thankful this Thursday because you just ‘get’ me.
Don’t forget, you get what you give wink