This Monday motivation is a dedication to you ladies out there who feel the full affects of a Monday morning.
Personally, I know it’s those first few positive thoughts in the morning that put the oil in my hinges and refresh my spirit for a productive day ahead. Because, let’s be honest, there are some mornings when you wake up wanting to push a big pause button on all those daily responsibilities and duties that await you.
But what I have come to realise is that if I catch any negativity that enters my mind in the morning, and catch it quickly, I have the ability to control how my day will pan out.
If you feel yourself waking up in an unmotivated state, use that emotion as the perfect opportunity to re-shape your perspective through affirming the things you are thankful for in that moment. I tested this theory out last week by exchanging my un-motivated slumps for some simple resolutions to kick those killjoys.
- Wake up with a smile on your dial.
- Listen to upbeat music.
- Sit down for breakfast and be grateful for every last bite.
- Switch off. Don’t let the computer or phone be the first thing you see in the morning.
- Declare how great and productive your day is going to be.
- Send a text or email to 3 people of importance to you – simply to let them know you love and are grateful for them.
- Counteract negative thoughts by choosing to think positive ones – don’t be afraid to voice them!
- Smile and greet anyone and everyone who crosses your path.
- Give someone a cuddle, even if it’s yourself!
- Offer compliments and kind words.
- Know that life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful.
Make sure you focus on feeding the mind with uplifting words, mantras, music and inspiring thoughts that will leave you buzzing with anticipation and positivity for the great things that will come your way. Remember, each day may not be a perfect one, but be grateful for the unique gift of being able to create your own reality each and every day.