It’s almost Mother’s Day, which means you are probably starting to really freak out wondering…
“What in the world am I going to get my mum?”
If your mother is anything like most mothers she will probably say, “I don’t want anything”, or “whatever you get me I will love it”. As much as this is probably the case, we all want to get something our mum will adore and something she deserves. We can’t always resort to the 4 year old finger-painting masterpiece idea…can we?
We asked the girls at LJHQ to contribute some exciting ideas and as a result have come up with a fun Mother’s Day gift guide featuring cute ideas your mum will just love.
Here it goes…
- Make her some healthy muesli and serve breakfast in bed.
- Write her a list of all the things you love about her.
- If your mum is less of a picnic-mum and more of a lunch-date-at-a-restaurant-mum, SHOUT HER LUNCH at her favourite restaurant or a restaurant you think she might enjoy. She spent a good portion of her life feeding you; take this one opportunity to give back.
- Make her a healthy chocolate cake.
- Plant some herbs in cute teacups or jars like this.
- Make her a card & write lovely things inside.
- Make her some healthy salad dressings – plenty of recipes online. Or try our favourites – chilli infused olive oil, garlic lemon & olive oil.
- Take her for a surprise picnic – use some of the recipes from our brunch!
- Get a photobook printed of some of your favourite photos and memories together.
- Cookie cake mix in a jar. How cute!
- Send her snail mail or even a postcard with why you love her written inside.
- Make her a photobook from a moleskine and polaroid.
- Throw her surprise Mother’s Day brunch.
- Get a year subscription of her favourite magazine.
- Make her homemade ice-cream!
- Make some natural body remedies like this layered body scrub.
- Research some natural house cleaning products & package them up in pretty bottles and jars.
- Take her shopping!
- Lorna Jane activewear of course!
- If you get her chocolate, get/make her the good stuff! Try our dark chocolate bark, mini chocolate moulds or pistachio strawberries!
- DIY soy candles
- Sneak into her house and put bunches of flowers everywhere.
- Drive her to a beautiful spot she’s never been to before and just chill out. Take it slow. We can get so busy so it’s hard to make the time to just hang with Mum!
- Do something together: See a movie, yoga, cooking class, manicures or afternoon walk.
- Ask what’s going on in her life, and share what’s going on in yours! Mums love to hear about what you’re up to, and they love to know you care about them.
What fun ideas do you have planned for this Mother’s Day?