We know it can be hard to avoid the things in our daily life which can damage our skin – sunlight, air pollution, and certain foods – but what if we told you that we have found a simple way to help repair skin cells? And, you can make it yourself!
Our daily lives are often full of circumstances which impact our skin. The foods we eat, UV radiation, and air pollution all expose us to toxins and free radicals, which can damage our healthy skin cells. How? Free radicals in our body damage cells and break down the level of collagen. And collagen is essential in keeping skin supple and young.
Luckily it’s actually quite easy to increase the level of collagen in your body and repair skin cells. Add a bit of matcha into your life!
So why does matcha offer such incredible anti-aging benefits?
- Matcha is a powerhouse of antioxidants which helps repair your skin cells.
- Matcha green tea powder contains 137 more antioxidants than standard green tea so it helps strengthen and protect overall health.
- Matcha brightens your skin and reduces inflammation.
- Matcha contains incredibly high levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is known for reducing inflammation and to balance skin tone.
- It has strong anti-bacterial and anti inflammatory properties. This means that, when applied directly onto the skin as a face mask, it helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes and brighten skin.
- It’s also rich in antioxidants, helping reduce acne and increase skin elasticity.
Make Your Own Natural Matcha Face Mask!
This matcha face mask is so simple to make! It’s friendly to the wallet, your skin and the environment.
- 1 tsp matcha (Try Zen Green Tea)
- 1 tbsp Greek Yogurt (or a plain face moisturiser)
- Mix together thoroughly to form a bright green paste.
- Apply to face and neck and leave for 10 minutes.
- Wash off to reveal brighter, tighter and glowing skin!
Note: This recipe been designed for normal skin – however it’s very easy to modify depending on your skin type. If you have very dry skin, you might like to add a teaspoon of honey or coconut oil. If you suffer from acne use honey. Or if you have oily and dry skin, a greek yogurt mask would work best!
If you would like to make even more savings our friends from Zen Green Tea are offering are offering you an exclusive 10% off their premium matcha powder!
To redeem 10% off your first order:
- Visit their website: Buy Matcha
- Add product/s to shopping cart
- Use coupon “MNB” for 10% off and free shipping
- Orders will be shipped to you
Want more beauty tips? Check out: