WARNING: This blog post has the potential to turn the next 24 hours into something wonderful – are you ready for it?
I believe that a positivity in your outlook on life requires a few simple truths. The first being the most important of all, “a fall down & get back up attitude”. Because really, if you don’t have this than how are you ever going to be able to dust off the dirt, tie your hair back and get on with the hard work?
The thing we MUST understand about life is that there are always going to be those too hard, too difficult and ‘I-can’t-bare-it-moments’. You will want to throw in the towel, drop to your knees and wave that white flag. I get it; sometimes it is just easier to give up than acknowledging what you can do to make it all ok again (because guess what, it really will be ok).
If you find yourself in a moment like this, then approach it with a can-and-will-do attitude, and in turn allow your actions to show the world that you really are a doer, a positive spirit … a BELIEVER.
Start now and inject a few of my simple truths to bring some much needed happiness and sunshine to your days (because I have a feeling they are just the right antidote you need to get back up and get on with it).
- KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Focus on the goal instead of stopping at the first set back.
- OFFER A LENDING HAND TO A STRANGER. It will restore your faith in others & you will appreciate it more when someone offers theirs to you.
- SMILE & SAY HELLO. Know that a simple acknowledgement like hello could lead to a thousand things.
- JUST BREATHE. Be aware of your breath & aim for a deep one that will leave you feeling strong, not breathless.
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF (& THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE). We all fear fear, but a true believer decides to run against it. Know how you can handle your challenge, and choose to tackle it head on.
- DO ONE THING THAT MAKES YOU & YOUR BODY HAPPY EVERY DAY. This is non-negotiable. Take time out to reward your complete self.
- PRACTICE THE 3 R’S – RELAX, REFRESH & REFOCUS. When you find things are getting too crazy, stop! Practice the 3R’s for ultimate rejuvenation.
After all, the secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is COURAGE. And if you find times are a little tough, be sure to remind yourself that…
“This is my commitment to live up to the spirit that lies in me.”
So how do you move on from here?
Simply open your eyes. Give thanks where needed. Choose joy. Exude optimism. Accept miracles, and know you’re being HELPED & SUPPORTED in ways you might never have known before.
P.s Pin or simply browse some positivity on my ‘Look On The Bright Side’ Pinterest board here.
Stay strong. Be brave.
You’ve got this.