When you’re busy living active, a cute hairstyle can sometimes be the last thing on your to-do list. Well we’re here to tell you that you can look and feel great while working out! We called on our friends at the Braid Bar of LA’s Nine Zero One salon to show us how it’s done.
In the first instalment of our six-part series on simple sporty updos that you can do at home or in the gym changing room, we’re kicking things off with a super cute fishtail pony. This style is a great go-to that can be done many different ways. All you need are some bobby pins, rubber bands and the willingness to try something new, so let’s get started!
1. Gather your hair into a high ponytail.
2. Texturize your pony a bit so your hair gets a little body.
3. Separate your pony into two loose sections.
4. Begin a fishtail braid:
- Pull a skinny strand of hair from the outside of the left section.
- Cross the skinny strand over from the outside of the left to add to the right section of hair.
- Once you add the skinny strand to the right hair section, pull tight.
- Repeat the same motions with a skinny strand from the outside of the right section to join the left section and pull tight.
- Continue alternating sides until you start to see an “X” shape
5. Tie off the fishtail braid with a small rubber band.
6. Loosen up the fishtail braid a bit to add volume.
7. There you have it, the super simple but gorgeous Fishtail Pony!
The salon prides itself on creating the ultimate you in a contemporary, inspired atmosphere unlike any other. Equal parts comfortable and luxurious, Nine Zero One is a cutting-edge beauty experience. Follow the team of talented stylists on Facebook and Instagram for daily inspiration.