With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, now is the time to make sure that you’re all set to start the day right.
Whether you’re sharing the day with your partner (or as Phoebe Buffay perfectly put it, ‘your lobster’) , new flame, Galentine or your greatest love – yourself, there’s no better way to show you care than a delicious breakfast.
Because we all know that breakfast is the greatest meal of the day, right!?
Step 1 – Wake up to this romantic tonic
Lorna’s Love Potion
A simple yet seductive list of ingredients to tickle the taste buds and freshen the body.
The scent of basil has been known to be a natural aphrodisiac so don’t be shy to pack in a few leaves.
Rosewater is a stand out player in this potion, with soothing properties that help you to feel nourished and cherished day and night – the perfect recipe for romance. Nothing says “I love you” more than rose, associate with Aphrodite, the greek goddess of love.
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of rosewater (form health food store)
- 5 basil leaves
- About 5 fresh whole blueberries
- Add all ingredients together and let steep for at least 20 minutes before consuming.
Optional: Garnish with fresh basil.
Step 2 – Delicious pancakes to enjoy in your PJs
Strawberry and Lemon Pikelets
You can’t go wrong with pikelets. These pocket sized pancakes are delightfully delicious so don’t be afraid to stack them high!
They’re speedy to prepare and cook, so you’ll be spending less time in the kitchen and more time with your special someone.
Makes: 12 small pikelets Preparation time: 4 minutes Cooking time: 4 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon rice syrup
- ¼ cup coconut shredded
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut desiccated
- 5 strawberries
- 1 cup coconut milk, rice milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place all ingredients in a blender except coconut oil. Blend for 1 minute until smooth and bubbly.
- Heat coconut oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Pour in ¼ cup full of batter at a time. Fry for 2-3 minutes each side. Reduce pan to medium heat browning too fast.
- Serve with strawberries, lemon zest and coconut flakes.
Step 3 – A treat for later, as a reminder through the day heart
Chocolate Goji & Caramel Love Bites
Got to head off to work? Well, it is Wednesday I suppose… No worries! Pack a couple of these decadent Love Bites in with lunch so the lovey feels last through the day.
The ideal sweet treat to have during your 3pm snack attack, these Love Bites will bring back that loving feeling and brighten the afternoon!
Makes: 12 Prep time: 15 minutes plus 4 hours chill time
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Place in food processor and blend until smooth. Place teaspoon fulls of mixture into heart shapped moulds
- 150grams 85% dark Lindt chocolate or homemade chocolate
- Melt chocolate over double boiler and pour into heart moulds over caramel filling
- Goji crumble
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup Goji berries
- Place in coffee grinder or NutriBullet and blend until breadcrumb texture. Sprinkle over chocolates. Place in refrigerator 4 hours or until set.
Now all you need to decide on is dinner… fancy restaurant, homemade with love or a delivery to enjoy at home?
Whatever you choose, have a beautiful day filled with love… and yummy food! heart