You little ripper! Here at MNB we have created the perfect little dipper with this delicious sugar-free mayonnaise. Perfect teamed with your salads for lunch, or seafood for dinner, this recipe will even trick your dad, a mayonnaise veteran, in believing its the tinned stuff!
Sugar Free Mayonnaise
The perfect dipper: Sugar Free Mayonnaise
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Serves 15
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (a mild tasting oil is best)
- Place the yolk and whole egg in a food processor. Blend well for a minute, and then add the mustard, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Continue to blend for another 2-3 minutes, and then slowly drizzle the olive oil in, while still blending.
- Drizzle the olive oil at a steady pace, not too fast, otherwise the mixture will split (the oil will separate from the eggs instead of be incorporated together), until it is all used up.
- The mayonnaise should be creamy both in colour and consistency.
- Scoop out the mayonnaise and store it in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for an hour
And there you have it, a sugar-free version of an old favourite.