Nourish in minutes with this quick & easy steamed fish recipe. Steaming is such a fundamental method to have under your belt when in the kitchen. Try this with any white fish, or even chicken to cook your protein the healthy way.
Makes 2 serves, prep time: 10mins, cook time: 8mins.
- 400g white fleshed fish (such as snapper, barramundi or mahi mahi)
- 1 tbsp. Tamari,
- 1 tbsp. Mirin
- 1 tbsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1 star anise
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh turmeric, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1small red chilli, finely sliced
- Stem and roots of ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Place sheet of baking paper in steamer basket over large pot 1/3 filled with water.
- Place all ingredients inside baking paper. Put the pot lid on.
- Bring water to boil and cook fish for 7-8mins or until cooked (should be completely firm to touch).