Baby it’s cold outside, but never too cold for an ice-cream sandwich!!! Especially when they’re packed full of protein and organic superfoods! Hooray.
So favourite this one, because we predict that this will be your new go-to sweet treat.
Protein Ice Cream Sandwiches
SERVES: 3 large ice cream sandwiches
PREP TIME: 5.5 hrs (including freeze time)
- 1 tbsp
- Organic chia seeds (ground) + 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
Protein Ice cream
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder* (we used Morlife Chocolate Cacao Plentiful Protein)
- 4 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¼ tsp monk fruit powder*
- ½ cup vegan chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup organic cacao nibs*
- Make the chia egg by mixing chia seeds with 3 tbsp water. Allow the mixture to sit and absorb for 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Add the almond flour, gluten free flour blend, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl, mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan butter, chia egg, brown rice syrup and coconut sugar, mix until it is well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well. Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place roughly 2 spoonfuls of the dough on a lined baking tray and cut with cookie cutter into individual cookies. Bake for 10 mins and let cool.
- To make the ice cream, place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a lined baking pan and set in the freezer for 4 hours (best overnight).
- Using the cookie cutter again, press into the ice cream then place each cut out between 2 cookies.
- Dip into the melted chocolate, then coat with Cacao Nibs and serve.
For more recipes using Morlife Organic Natural Health Foods or shop ingredients, head here!