Avocados – so creamy and oh so dreamy… we love them in all their green glory! Whether atop our toast, in our smoothies, the wing-man to our corn chips, smothered on our face or in delicious desserts, we cannot get enough! When we want a sweet little somethin’ somethin’, there’s nothing better (not to mention nothing easier) than cracking open a fresh avo (it’s all about picking the right one) and turning it into a delicious treat that can be enjoyed totally guilt free.
Nourishing note: Make in the am to give it enough chill time to be enjoyed in the pm.
MAKE ME SOME LIME AND COCONUT MOUSSE
Preparation time 5 minutes
Chill time 2 hours
You will need:
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 cup coconut butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar or honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 1 teaspoon lime zest plus 1/4 teaspoon for garnish
How we do it:
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy
- Top with shredded coconut and remaining lime zest