When it’s mid week and hump day dinner rolls around, motivation can be at an all time low – especially when it’s a meal-for-one situation. Instead of organising take-out and as much as we always have our beloved avo on toast for an emergency nourish back up (let’s face it, it’s not really a substantial dinner meal) we need something with a bit of protein, greens and full of flavour that’s a cinch to whip up. Cue our lazy girl’s dinner: asparagus, sweet potato and ricotta frittata. We’ve done the thinking for you, so all you have to do is reach for the fridge – because no doubt you already have most of these ingredients already in your crisper.
Lazy girl’s dinner: green frittata
Total Time: 8 minutes
Servings: Serves 1
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 spears asparagus
- ½ cob corn, kernels removed
- ½ zucchini, grated
- ½ cup sweet potato, grated
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup ricotta
- Handful of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- In a oven proof frypan heat olive oil over medium heat and saute asparagus, corn, zucchini, sweet potato for 3 minutes.
- Add in baby spinach.
- In a bowl combine eggs, ricotta, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into frypan or alternatively line a 20 round cake tin and pour in mixture.
- Sprinkle over pine nuts.
- Bake for 5 minutes until set.
- Garnish with extra spinach, tomatoes and parsley.
Don’t save this one just for dinner, make it for breakfast too! Along with these fabulous recipes from our latest free eBook, A Nourishing Breakfast you will be loving mornings all over again.