We’re busy gals. So a delicious, fresh and healthy meal that can be whipped up in 10 minutes?? Er, YES PLEASE!
Perfect for nights when you’re on the fly, this is the quickest (and tastiest!) Pad Thai around.
10 Minute Pad Thai
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
Cooking time: 5 minutes.
- 200g firm tofu, diced into 1cm cubes (or cooked chicken)
- 3 heaped tablespoon kimchi
- 2 cups shredded vegetable mix (we used a store bought fresh stir fry mix)
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 5 sprigs mint, roughly torn leaves
- 300g rice noodles (we used a low calorie rice noodle)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- ½ lime (juice) to serve
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon peanut paste
- 1 tablespoon kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- Pre-heat a large frypan or wok.
- Add in the coconut oil, diced tofu and sesame seeds.
- Pan fry until the tofu becomes golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles as per their cooking instructions.
- Add in your kimchi to the tofu, and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Next, add in the shredded vegetable mix and sauce and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles, mint, chilli and salt to the tofu mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl and finish with freshly squeezed lime juice.
It’s easy, peasy, limey squeezey!
What? You’re not a part of the Active Living Program yet?!