Looking for a replacement for that ultra indulgent cheesecake on Christmas day? We’ve got the perfect substitute! Double the delicious, with no processed sugars and you’ve got the raw festive fruit tart by amazing food blogger @emmalaurenfood.
Raw Festive Fruit Tart
12 Days of #MNBXMAS: Raw Festive Fruit Tart
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: Serves 16
- 2 cups almonds (base)
- 10 fresh dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 cup cashews (filling)
- 1 cup macadamias
- 3 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 mango, sliced (decoration)
- 14 strawberries, washed and halved
- Whatever fruit takes your fancy
- Place all base ingredients in a food processor and process for 3 minutes or until crumbly.
- Press into a 28cm tart pan which has been lightly greased with coconut oil and lined on the bottom. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place all filling ingredients into a Vitamix or food processor and process for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into tart base and even out with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or until solidified.
- Decorate, cut into 16 slices and serve. Enjoy!
Check back in tomorrow for yet another festive delight from our MNB Xmas winners.