Whether you’re an avid football follower or simply a fan of fries (we don’t judge you if you chose the latter, our motto has always been #sweetpotatofriesbeforeguys), we’ve got just the thing that will help turn your Superbowl Sunday into a delicious one. Crispy, comforting and always called for, the humble sweet potato fry is exactly what you’re looking for. But in the spirit of the Superbowl, we couldn’t let the fries go it alone, so we jazzed them up with a creamy lemon tahini drizzle that tastes too good to be healthy (but it is… promise).
LOADED SWEET POTATO FRIES
For the fries:
Prep time: 5 minutes cook time: 30 minutes serves: one small potato per person
1 small sweet potato per person
2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil (depending on which taste you prefer)
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
1-2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190C/385F.
- Wash peal and cut the sweet potatoes into fine chip/fry shaped pieces.
- In a bowl, toss the uncooked fries with the oil, paprika and salt.
- Pour fries onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes, then turn the fries over so they cook evenly.
- Bake for another 15 minutes – or until you get your desired crispiness.
For the lemon and tahini dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (hulled or unhulled)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon os pink himalayan sea salt
- pinch of your favourite spice (we love paprika)
Whisk tahini, water, lemon juice, salt and spice in a bowl until creamy.
What’s your go to snack for super bowl Sunday?