When it comes to putting unexpected ingredients in our smoothies, we thought we’d seen it all. Avocado, cabbage, hemp seeds, spinach… honestly, there are few things that even make us bat an eye anymore, that was until we heard about cauliflower smoothies. Cauliflower… really? But against our initial judgement, it turns out, it’s a total winner (which is why you should never judge a book by its cover).
When you think about it, it actually makes sense. What other veggie is versatile enough to be turned into rice, mash, pizza base, soup, pie, bread and dip? Plus, cauliflower is a great source of fiber, which will help you stay fuller for longer and its addition will give your smoothie next level creaminess…
CHOC MINT CAULIFLOWER SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 c. Frozen organic @wholefoods cauliflower florets (don’t need to steam or wash these)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (or 4 drops food grade peppermint essential oil)
- 1 1/2 c. Hemp milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 serving @cleanprogram vanilla protein
- Handful organic baby spinach
- 1-2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Blend every thing but the cacao nibs in your @vitamix for two minutes. Use the tamper because this is going to be thick! The last 10 seconds, add the cacao nibs. Pour into a bowl and top with more cacao nibs mint, and coconut chips!
Would you put cauliflower in your smoothie? Let us know in the comments below!