Love banana bread? Love donuts? Do we have the recipe for you!!
These Spiced Banana Bread Donuts are the perfect combination of comfort and clean (as well as being ridiculously cute and Insta-worthy). Baked not fried, they are the ideal treat to satisfy your craving without the ‘junk’.
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup blanched almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup almond milk
1 large, ripe banana, mashed
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
Dash apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp chia seeds
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
1. Preheat your over to 180 degrees C. Set aside a large donut pan (no need to grease if it’s non-stick)
2. In a small bowl, add the chia seeds and water. Whisk to combine, and leave to stand and thicken for 5 minutes.
3. Add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk, and also set aside for 5 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, sift in all the dry ingredients except the almond meal (just add that straight into the bowl without sifting). Mix very well with a wooden spoon.
5. In a second large mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients, including the chia and the almond milk mixtures. Mix very well, until uniform (the oil may sit on top – that’s okay).
6. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix, and stir to only just combine (do not over mix). Spoon the mix into the donut pan, until 3/4 full and smooth the top of the mix.
7. Bake for 12-15 mins (I did 13). Allow to cool for 10 minutes before banging donuts onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
3/4 cup cashews, soaked 4 hours then drained an rinsed
1/2 cup coconut milk
30 grams cacao butter, melted (bain-marie style)
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Blue matcha powder, OR butterfly pea flower powder
1. Add the first 5 ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth.
2.Transfer to a bowl. Add blue powder, and stir to combine. Add as little or as much as you like, to create your preferred depth of colour.
3. Once donuts have completely cooled, dip into glaze. Top with coconut, and enjoy! xxx
Don’t forget to snap and share your Nourish love on Instagram!
The duo behind @pananceas_pantry are sisters from Melbourne, Australia. Jade is an accredited naturopath and nutritionist, doting mother, and keen photographer. Kath is a passionate foodie currently working as a barista, managing a cafe and has plans to study nutritional medicine in the future.
Follow them for delightfully stunning recipes that are as kind as they are delicious.