Vegan Choc Chunk & Coconut Brownies
There’s nothing quite like delicious, decadent brownies to satisfy your sweet tooth or to accompany your 3pm cuppa.
These yummy, chunky brownies are packed with nutritious ingredients and are super easy to whip together for the ideal afternoon treat.
- 3/4 cup greek or coconut yoghurt
- 3/4 cup flour of choice (I used almond and buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup choc chunks (I used pumpy jackson, also love lindt 90%)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl besides the chocolate and coconut
- Stir well until combined ( it will be nice and thick)
- Line a baking tin with baking paper
- Smoothen the mixture until evenly placed in tin and cover with coconut flakes and choc chunks (lightly press them in so they become part of the brownie)
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool and then slice. Best eaten warm and fudgy !!
Sarah is a 21 year old passionate health and wellness enthusiast and foodie, spending most of her time in the kitchen creating delicious and nutritious recipes when she is not working on her fitness, studying her media and pilates degrees or catching a swim at the beach. Since the age of 14, after finding a passion for pilates, Sarah started to become fascinated by nutrition and the ways different foods could enhance both mental and physical elements of her health. Now she is passionate to share this knowledge and love for a healthy life with everyone around her by sharing her recipes and tips online and also has started her own bliss ball and healthy treats business