One of our favourite ways to finish off a beautiful meal is with a fresh slice of baked cheesecake. YUM!
Our Vegan Baked Cherry and Lemon Cheesecake is simple to make and is the ideal dessert to top off a festive feast or family dinner.
Our tip, make extra so you can enjoy as a treat with a cup of tea or coffee!
Vegan Baked Cherry and Lemon Cheesecake
Our vegan baked cheesecake is the perfect dessert for the whole family to enjoy!
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ¾ cup almonds
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons rapadura sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups cashews soaking in boiling water 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder (fine) or 1 tablespoon regular psyllium husks
- Zest of a lemon or 2 drops doterra lemon oil
- Juice of a lemon
- ½ cup rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Pinch salt
- White chocolate
- Soak cashews 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 175 C and line a springform tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor combine crust ingredients until breadcrumb texture.
- Press into tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Drain cashews and place nuts in blender with ¼ cup of water and 1 tablespoon coconut oil and process until creamy.
- Add coconut yoghurt, psyllium, zest, juice, syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Reduce oven temperature to 170 C.
- Pour cashew mixture onto base and bake for 50 minutes or until firm to touch. It may still be slightly soft in centre but this is fine.
- Cool and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight to chill.
- Top with cherries and melted white chocolate.