There’s nothing quite like making a new granola recipe, especially one as sweet and citrus as this orange, macadamia and coconut one. Homemade can be all sorts of comforting, healthy and also a delicious delight (why not take a small jar to work as a nibble mix?) We are strong advocates for making your own as many store bought varieties can be chock-full of sugar, unhealthy oils and other redundant ingredients – plus it really is one of the easiest things you can pull together before the start of the week to yield a weeks worth of deliciousness.
Whipping up your own granola mix at home is super rewarding as it’s easy, it’s quick and it allows you to control the amount of sweetness while changing up the flavours you love (more coconut? by all means!) Not only is it good for your insides (not to mention cheaper than buying boxes of the stuff every week) it also makes your house smell deliciously divine, homey and cosy.
Orange, macadamia and coconut granola
Orange, Macadamia & Coconut Granola
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Serves 15
- 1 ½ cups GF rolled oats
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsps. Chia seeds
- Zest of ½ orange
- 1 cup of dehydrated orange (optional), if don’t have - use zest of whole orange
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Pinch salt (rock salt, sea salt or Himalayan)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients (oats, macadamias, coconut, chia, orange zest, salt) and stir to combine.
- Add in coconut oil, orange juice, honey, and vanilla bean paste and stir thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly onto lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 10 minutes (or until desired crunchiness)
- If you are using dehydrated orange, add in and stir once mixture is cooled
- Store in glass jars, serve with fresh yogurt, almond milk and fresh fruit.
What’s your go-to homemade granola recipe?