Green smoothies are all the rage right now, and with good reason. If you’re sitting their turning your nose up in distaste… give us a moment to try and sway you. For you green smoothie first timers don’t be alarmed, they don’t taste like a bag of grass, quite the opposite actually. Green smoothies are packed full of goodness, and are the perfect way to kick-start your healthy day. This Green Dream smoothie is pure YUM. With the fresh mix of mango, and the hydrating properties of coconut water…what’s not to love?
We want to know…what’s your green smoothie go-to combo?
THE ENERGETIC INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large stalk of kale (leaves only)
- 1 large Cos lettuce leaf
- 1 small leaf of Swiss chard or silver beet
- 1⁄2 frozen banana
- A few chunks of mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1⁄2 tsp maca powder
- Gather your greens
- Add your Swiss chard or silver beat
- Pour in 1 cup of coconut water
- Chop half of the frozen banana and add to blender
- Squeeze in the lemon juice
- Add your frozen or fresh mango pieces
- 7. Add the ½ tsp Maca
- Add 1tsp bee pollen
- And now the 1 tsp spirulina
OK, so now that you have jam packed your smoothie full to the brim of goodness. BLEND until smooth.
Pour in glass.