Roasted Broccoli and Almond Soup
This soup is a fantastic starter to a meal or can be enjoyed on its own as a light and warming meal. For extra protein and creaminess serve topped with a dollop of thick greek yoghurt or ricotta cheese. Freeze leftovers and use as an express meal.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp. EV olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried chilli or paprika
- 6 pieces soy and linseed bread or multigrain bread, cut into rounds using a cookie cutter (approx. 30-40 mm) and toasted
- 2 cups broccoli, roasted
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 250g tinned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ litres good quality chicken stock (or vegetable to make it vegetarian)
- Parsley to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C-200C and on an oven tray place the broccoli, garlic,
- olive oil and chilli, cook for 10 – 15 minutes. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor add all of the ingredients apart from the stock and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a saucepan with the stock and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty multigrain bread.
Are you a soup lover?
Zoe Bingley- Pullin is a celebrity chef and nutritionist who is also one of the experts on Channel 7’s House of Wellness. She is also the author of several successful cookbooks.