Warm your heart and your belly with our delicious Salted Caramel Turmeric Rice Pudding. With Rhubarb Compote and Caramel Sauce, it’s the perfect blend of sweet, salty and creamy – mmmmm!
Top with your favourite berries and toasted coconut flakes then curl up with your new fave comfort dessert.
Warm up your weekend with a big batch of this deliciousness!
Salted Caramel Turmeric Rice Pudding
A nourishing take on a classic, this Salted Caramel Turmeric Rice Pudding is the sweet winter warmer you’ve been waiting for!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup short grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 100 g medjool dates, seeded
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Banana slices
- Place all compote ingredients in saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat lid on for 10 minutes until soft.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and add 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Blend dates and coconut milk until smooth. Add pinch of salt if desired.
- Bring Rice and water to the boil in your pot, cook rice until soft.
- Add in 1 cup coconut milk and lower heat and cover.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and add maple, almond milk, vanilla, turmeric and salt.
- For extra creaminess add extra milk before serving.
- Top with compote, caramel sauce and fruit toppings.
- Serve warm.