Salad Bowl with Grilled Chicken
Reinvent your chicken salad with this fresh and flavour filled weeknight staple. Ready in 10mins, family friendly, perfect for meal prepping and ideal for lunch or dinner, this Salad Bowl with Grilled Chicken ticks all the boxes!
- 1 cup pumpkin, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 zucchini, spiralised
- 1 carrot, spiralised
- 1 baby beetroot, spiralised
- 1 corn cob, quartered
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 8 chicken tenderloins, grilled
- 1 cos lettuce, roughly torn
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin/sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, smashed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Dice pumpkin, lightly cover in EVOO, cinnamon, season well and roast until soft and lightly brown.
- Spiralise zucchini, carrot and beetroot.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil and lightly steam corn. Once steamed, remove corn kernels and set aside.
- On a hot barbeque plate, grill chicken tenderloins for 2 minutes each side. Rest for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, toss together cos lettuce, cherry tomatoes and seeds.
- Add pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, beetroot, capsicum and corn kernels.
- Top with grilled chicken, smashed avocado and season well.
Steph Lowe (the Natural Nutritionist) is a Nutritionist with over 10 years of experience. Originally trained in Sports Nutrition, Steph is a triathlete herself specialising in metabolic efficiency, long course fuelling, high performance fat loss and elite performance for enhanced recovery and sport longevity.
With a passion for spreading a positive message about real food and the incredible affect it has on performance, Her extensive nutritional experience spans from elite athletes, to schools, and corporations, where she has educated people about the importance of real food for productivity and performance.
Steph Lowe’s new book Low Carb Healthy Fat Nutrition, is a “real-food-only” lifestyle that Steph has been personally living and transforming the lives of clients for more than 10 years. Steph’s new book gives readers the tools to transform their daily habits and make sustainable, long lasting change to their bodies and mindset. LCHF Nutrition includes 150 delicious, easy and no nonsense recipes that can be thrown together in around 10 minutes – no experience needed, no excuses necessary.