Our fav grab and go lunch, dinner or snack ????! Rice paper rolls are a great way to load up on your favourite protein such as tofu, shredded chicken or smoked salmon and super nutritious raw vegetables.
You can meal prep some seriously tasty lunches that your co workers will drool over! Or have ready in the fridge after smashing that workout for a nutritious recovery meal with protein for muscle repair and carbohydrates for refueling muscle glycogen.
The great thing about rice paper rolls is, your choice of fillings is as versatile as your imagination. You can use up left over roast chicken, marinated tofu, cooked quinoa or coleslaw with vegetables and your choice of mayo, satay sauce or soy sauce. You can even try sweet rice paper rolls filled with mango, strawberries and kiwi!
Let’s get rolling!
Marinated Tofu and Vegetable Rice Paper Rolls
Rice Paper Rolls
- 1 packet rice paper wrappers
- 1 packet firm thai marinaded tofu, sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced batons
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, shaved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 packet charcoal noodles, cooked to packet directions
- 16 mint leaves
Thai Chilli Capsicum Sauce
- 1 red capsicum, roasted and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- ½ tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons water if needed
- Place all sauce ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Soak rice paper in water according to packet instructions. Place on a wet tea towel on chopping board.
- Arrange on the top centre third of each wrap – tofu slices, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, avocado, charcoal noodles and mint leaves.
- Wrap rice paper roll and set aside.
- Repeat process for each wrap.
- Place on platter with lime wedges and capsicum chilli sauce.