Hey friends! Another week, another opportunity to feed you some nourishing know-how. This is raw desserts 101. Many of you may be excited to learn the basics behind raw desserts, but don’t let it daunt you, raw desserts are surprisingly simple to create. And honestly there is no better feeling than making a dessert purely from clean, unrefined, and natural foods.
Here are a few tips for when you create your own raw food delicacies:
- Medjool (fresh) dates are your best friend
- Always have space in your freezer to set and store raw desserts
- Most recipes always require a food processor
- Do not be afraid to experiment with different types of nuts, flavours (i.e. cacao, vanilla, citrus). In no time you will be creating raw versions of all conventional cakes, slices and biscuits!
- Avoid overeating. Raw desserts, like any sweeties, should be eaten in moderation.
- Adding vegetables to desserts reduces the fat and calorie content of the serving. I often put carrot or zucchini in spiced desserts, or when making rich cacao treats I add beetroot or mashed pumpkin.
If this article has left you feeling a little on the hungry side why not try this…
—-> Amazing raw carrot cake recipe! <—-