Noodle cravings. They can strike without warning at any time of the day or night, so it’s best to always be prepared with a quick and easy recipe up your sleeve! We love zoodles… Exhibit A… Exhibit B. Why? Not only do they taste amazing and offer an easy way to sneak in some extra greens, but they also eliminate cooking time, so you can satisfy that belly as soon as it starts to rumble.
Raw Vegan Tamari Zoodles
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves: 2
You will need:
- a spiralizer or zoodle maker
- 1 med zucchini
- 1/2 carrot
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh coriander
- Sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tbsp agave or maple syrup (depending on your preference)
Let’s make it:
- First, create the zucchini noodles using a grater or spiralizer. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside to drain.
- Next julienne the carrots, slice cherry tomatoes and chop up the coriander.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the sesame oil, tamari, lemon juice and agave.
- Mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Squeeze excess water out of zucchini noodles and place into the bowl of dressing Mix it up lightly with tongs.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and mix well Serve and garnish with sesame seeds and more fresh coriander
Cheryl is a Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach and founder of Eat Train Love – a Personal Training and Nutrition Consultancy business that takes a practical, holistic and sustainable approach to health and fitness. At ETL, the focus is to empower individuals to make positive lifestyle changes and to coach them towards achieving good fitness, sustainable nutrition and balance from within. Cheryl draws on about 17 years of experience in the fitness and dance industry to help her clients map out strategies that fit with their lifestyles, coach them out of limiting mindsets and prescribe bespoke exercise regimes and nutrition plans. To find out more about Eat Train Love, please visit their website.