Is there such thing as a healthy lamington? You betcha! These delicious Raw Lamington Bites are the perfect snack this long weekend (and beyond!).
Whip up a batch of these protein packed, coconutty balls of goodness and enjoy a healthy take on the classic Aussie treat.
Ideal for sharing, taking out on adventures or stashing in your desk drawer for a healthy snack that reminds you of tuck shop treats and backyard BBQ’s.
Love your lamingtons? Try these too…
Raw Lamington Bites
Bite sized healthy lamington treats are here! Simple to make and refined sugar free. Make a big batch of these Raw Lamington Bites to fuel your weekend adventures, stash in your desk drawer as an easy office snack or to share at a picnic or BBQ.
- 200 g raw cashew nuts
- 50 g almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Natural Protein Powder*
- 1/4 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil or cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter or tahini, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Naked Chocolat or cacao
- Combine cashew nuts, coconut, almonds, salt and protein into a food processor.
- Process for a few seconds or until the mixture looks like fine golden crumbs.
- Add vanilla, maple and coconut oil.
- Mix until the raw lamington comes together.
- Roll into small balls and set aside.
- Place coconut oil into a small bowl and sit over some freshly boiled water for a few seconds until it melts then remove quickly from the heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients from the dipping sauce recipe (organic cold pressed coconut oil or cacao butter, organic maple syrup, coconut butter or tahini, room temperature and Naked Chocolat or cacao) and mix well – I normally use a small mini hand whisk.
- Dip lamingtons into the dipping sauce then roll into coconut.
- Store in the fridge (covered) for up to 1 week.
*We used the Healthy Chef Natural Protein Powder
Celebrity chef, nutritionist and entrepreneur Teresa Cutter has successfully pioneered the world of health + wellness with her nutritional product line of functional food supplements and healthy cookbooks.
Teresa Cutter says she feels more fabulous in her 50’s than she did in her 20’s and credits her glowing skin to her diet and product range that has been specially designed to help support glowing skin, healthy hormones, gut health as well as a lean toned body.