Snack me happy? Well these quinoa coconut & cacao no bake bars featured in the MNB 2015 Diary will have you riding on a serotonin high all afternoon long. The nutritional powerhouses featured in this recipe tick all boxes in the macronutrient stakes. Healthy Fats, cheers coconut oil. Protein, oh heyyyy quinoa! Complex Carbs, oh nice to see you again quinoa! Plus the sweet sensations of natures lollies, what’s upppp cranberries!
If you haven’t noticed already, snack solutions are hot on our radar, because well, snacks are the ultimate fit woman superpower. They can make or break a perfect daily intake, or be the kryptonite to your cardio workout. So when it comes to finding the right snack for you, these next level delicious no bake bars are IT!
QUINOA, Coconut & Cacao ‘no bake’ Bars
Makes approximately 12 slices
Preparation time: 20 minutes chilling time or overnight
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup puffed quinoa cereal
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
How to make it:
- Gently melt the coconut oil and coconut butter in a saucepan. Sift and stir in the raw cacao powder and blend in the maple syrup, salt, puffed quinoa, cranberries and pistachios.
- Grease and line a 20cmx10cmx7cm deep (8inx4inx3in) loaf pan. Pour the mixture into pan and chill in the fridge overnight until set. Cut into snack-size bites at approximately 1.5cm (1/2 in) thick.