Is it even October if you’re not furiously looking up new pumpkin recipes, festive food and delicious pies… possibly while sipping on a giant PSL*?
*pumpkin spiced latte – for the non Starbucks crowd wink
These delicious Pumpkin Spiced Pecan Pies are sure to be crowd pleasers! Full of taste and goodness while only taking 30 minutes? Yes please!
Pumpkin Spiced Pecan Pies
Prep: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Serves 12-15
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup packed (approx. 8 large) pitted soft medjool dates (if not soft & juicy, soak in warm water for 10min then drain)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp. cinnamon spice
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger spice
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg spice
- 1 tsp. coconut oil melted
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. water (optional if mixture is still dry)
Pumpkin cheesecake filling:
- 3 cups fresh pumpkin (chopped in to 1cm cubes)
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor until combined. The desired texture is a chunky and sticky “dough”. You should be able to squeeze the dough in your fingertips and it create a firm crust.
- Grease tart cases lightly with coconut oil and press mixture into the tart cases to make a crust about 5-10mm thick. We used 6 smaller spring form tart cases.
- Place tart cases in the freezer to set while you make the filling.
- Steam pumpkin in a steamer for 10min or until soft.
- Place pumpkin and remaining ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth and silky.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour pumpkin filling in. Top with pecans.
- Place in fridge until ready to eat, pop out of tart cases and serve with coconut cream or eat it on its own.
- Enjoy the festive / fall goodness!
What’s your favourite pumpkin or pumpkin spiced recipe?