In case you can’t half tell, we LOVE a good raw treat. From Snickers Slice to Healthy Tim Tams – we seriously cannot get enough of their delicious and nutritious goodness and have health’ified just about every treat you could imagine. But the other day, when chowing down on Raw Salted Caramel Slice did we realise that most of our beloved nourishing treats are made from nuts, be it soaked cashews or almond meal, and where does that leave our nut-free friends? So, we called on the help of Jo from The Luminous Kitchen who whipped together a lip smacking recipe for a nut-free bliss ball, that will keep every no nut nourisher healthy, happy, and most of all… satisfied!
This one goes out to you LG… (our beautiful Brand Creative).
Nut Free Energy Balls
Makes: 12 balls
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup desiccated coconut + an extra 2 T for rolling afterwards
- 2 T ground chia seeds
- 1 level T linseeds
- 10 fresh pitted medjool dates)
- ½ tsp ground fennel seeds (Note: If liquorice flavour isn’t for you then replace the fennel seeds with 2 Tablespoons of cacao powder for a chocolate hit).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a food processor and process on high for 2 minutes
- With the motor running add the dates one by one until the mixture starts to come together.
- Switch off the processor and remove the blade and using your hands take about a tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into balls
- Roll the balls in desicated coconut
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.