This baked eggplant flavour bomb is an unreal side or main meal. Topped with the crispy chickpeas and crunchy dukkha you’ll want the whole thing to yourself (but sharing is encouraged also).
Pair with a fresh salad, steamed veggies or some spiced cous cous for a delicious dish.
Mediterranean Baked Eggplant w/ Crispy Chickpeas & Feta
- 1 eggplant halved
- ½ cup roasted chickpeas
- ½ cup crumbled feta (or vegan feta)
- 2 handfuls fresh chopped basil
- salt, pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp dukkah
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Cut eggplant in half and then make slight cross sections with a knife
- Place olive oil, balsamic, coconut aminos, cumin, chilli, salt and pepper in each half and use hands to spread over the whole eggplant so everything is covered ( you want it all to absorb the flavour)
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and add feta, basil and dukkah
- Place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes ( until nice and golden and soft)
- Sprinkle with chickpeas and extra fresh basil and enjoy!
Sarah is a 21 year old passionate health and wellness enthusiast and foodie, spending most of her time in the kitchen creating delicious and nutritious recipes when she is not working on her fitness, studying her media and pilates degrees or catching a swim at the beach. Since the age of 14, after finding a passion for pilates, Sarah started to become fascinated by nutrition and the ways different foods could enhance both mental and physical elements of her health. Now she is passionate to share this knowledge and love for a healthy life with everyone around her by sharing her recipes and tips online and also has started her own bliss ball and healthy treats business