It’s that time of year. When leaving the warmth of indoors becomes harder, and the “How many jumpers can I wear today?” game is played on a daily basis… Winter (cue internal groan).
We understand that sometimes the winter chill can only be cured by a warm hug, but we promise you, we have discovered the next best thing!
Our Winter Warming Curry gets right to business, filled with delicious fresh vegetables, a warming sauce, with a touch of spice.
It also happens to be FODMAP friendly friends!
Winter Warmer Curry
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 mild red chilli
- 4 cm ginger, grated
- 4 coriander stalks with root, finely chopped
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 1 tablespoon rapadura sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
- Sauté ginger and coriander for 2 minutes. Add spices and chilli and cook 1 minute.
- Add in remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa, or caulirice.