Jam-Drop Protein Cookies
Love cookies? Love protein? Get ready for these yum protein cookies! These jam-drop protein cookies are a fab snack and are handy to have on the go or, while chilling with a cup of tea.
Prep Time10 minutes
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 2 scoops vanilla protein*
- 1⁄3 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cashew butter
- 4-5 tbsp nut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch or two sea salt
- 3 raspberries per cookie i.e. 36-56 raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, non-fan forced.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pan until melted. Remove from heat and use a spatula to stir in maple syrup and nut butter.
- Add both dry and liquid ingredients to a food processor and allow to blend until a dough forms.
- Form 12-14 balls from the dough, and lay them on a lined baking tray.
- Use 3 fingers or a fork to press down lightly to flatten to cookies, moulding the edges to be uniform if required.
- Make an indentation in the centre of each cookie with your finger, and tightly pack each with 3 raspberries.
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes before transferring to a serving tray or tupperware.
@samibloom and website is www.samibloom.com
Sami Bloom is a clinical nutritionist, yoga teacher, accredited member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society & the creative mind behind Health & Bloom. Sami specialises in plant-based nutrition, drawing upon both science and holistic principles to treat each individual case in a way that is effective, sustainable and enjoyable. Her philosophy is deeply rooted in whole food, plant-based nutrition and using food as the wonderful medicine that it is!
“When we feel fantastic, it becomes easy & natural to continue healthy habits & form long-lasting, sustainable lifestyle patterns.”
*Sami uses Nuzest vanilla protein powder.