When you want to feel super, and you feel like a salad, well then the only answer is our kale superfood salad. Whoever said “you don’t make friends with salad” has obviously never met this one. With the perfect balance of sweet, savoury, smooth n’ crunch this salad has all the nutritional benefits required for a well balanced lunch. We love making a massive bowl and serving it out throughout the week, with some poached chicken or tinned tuna. If you’re looking for a no-fuss, super speedy recipe, this superfood salad is IT. Prepare your ingredients list and this salad can be made in 60 seconds flat. Don’t believe us? We’ve tried it!
KALE SUPERFOOD SALAD
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Servings: Serves 2-4 people as a side salad
You will need:
- ½ cup activated almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 large bunch Tuscan Kale, de-stemmed, chop into small bite sized pieces.
- 5 medium radishes, stems removed, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, coarsely
- 60g soft goats cheese, crumbled
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. honey
- Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste
How to make it:
- Put kale into a large salad bowl, sprinkle some Himalayan salt over it & massage the leaves with your hands by lightly scrunching big handfuls at a time until the leaves are dark green and fragrant.
- Add the radishes to the bowl with the kale.
- Add the almonds, cranberries & apple to the bowl.
- Crumble goats cheese & sprinkle goji berries over the top.
- In a small jar add the dressing ingredients together, shake vigorously & pour over salad. Toss until the salad is evenly coated with dressing. Serve while fresh!