This smoked salmon recipe is the perfect combination of smoke and zest. It will melt in your mouth and have everyone lining up for a second helping.
Super versatile, this salmon recipe can go from festive feast to summer BBQ with ease and delicious class 😋
Smoke up for dinner and use any leftovers in salads or with breakfast the next morning – winning!
Honey and Citrus Smoked Salmon
Our honey and citrus smoked salmon makes a deliciously nutritious base to your meal.
Pair with your favourite side salad, steamed or roasted veggies and/or a baked sweet potato. YUM!
Cook in the kitchen or on the BBQ and enjoy the goodness.
- 1.2 kg side of salmon skin on
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons djon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of a orange
- Juice of a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2-3 cups smoking wood chips (we used cherry wood)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cup sprouts
- ½ red onion finely shaved
- 2 tablespoons dill fronds
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- Mix olive oil, garlic, mustard, honey, orange, lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Coat salmon with half the dressing and marinate covered in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Place wood chips and rice in a alfoil lined baking dish.
- Place baking dish over medium high heat until smoking and place a wire rack over wood chips. Lay salmon skin side down.
- Cover tightly with foil or lid.
- Reduce heat to medium and smoke in a well ventilated kitchen or outdoor smoker for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand 10 minutes covered or until cooked through.
- If salmon requires further cooking place salmon on a lined oven tray and bake in oven 180C for 5-10 minutes or until cooked to liking.
- After salmon is cooked arrange orange slices, sprouts, onion and herbs (citrus salad) over the top and drizzle with remaining dressing.