Nothing says Christmas like a fresh batch of gingerbread! This healthy gingerbread recipe makes delicious gingerbread angels, gingerbread men or any of your other favourite gingerbread shapes.
Ideal treats for the whole family, as a gift and of course… to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve. It’s a sure fire way to ensure you’re on the ‘nice list’ for life xx
Healthy Gingerbread Angels
A healthy spin on the classic gingerbread recipe that’s a fun family baking activity – with delicious results! 😋
- 250 g organic butter
- ⅓ cup rapadura sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups white spelt flour
- 100 grams white chocolate, melted (for decoration)
- Cream butter and sugar with electric beaters until light and creamy.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a bowl combine spelt flour, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder.
- Fold flour into butter mixture until combined.
- Scrape the dough onto baking paper and cover with another piece of baking paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven 180C (no fan).
- Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets baking paper to ½ cm thickness.
- Cut into Angels, trees or any of your favourite shapes.
- If you find the dough softening just place in back in fridge 10 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Place on baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool then drizzle with white chocolate.
Snap and share your gingerbread creations with us!