Not only is Sunday Father’s Day, but it’s also our in-house CPO (that’s Chief Puppy Officer) Roger Clarkson’s birthday! His fluffy little face brings so much joy to all of us here at Lorna Jane HQ and we couldn’t help but join in on the celebration… you only turn four once after all (if you want to get in on the cuteness, make sure you follow him on instagram @rogerclarkson). To celebrate the coming of age of our favourite moodle – that’s a poodle cross maltese FYI – we compiled a round up some of our favourite Fit Girls (including our very own Active Living Advocate and proud mumma to Roger, Lorna Jane Clarkson) with their fetching fur babies.
@kayla_itsines and her huskies Ace and TJ
@elle_fit and @klaus_woof
But the party isn’t over… because we’re celebrating with Roger’s favourite treat, which you can whip together for your pup too. They’re quick and easy to make, 100% nutritious and completely delicious.
Healthy birthday pet treats
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
You will need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. water
- Cookie cutters (we used a cat shape)
How to make it:
- Blend ingredients altogether in food processor, until the mixture forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough out flat and cut into cute shapes with your cookie cutter.
- Bake in a 150°C/302°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Once golden brown, take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve to your four-legged friend!