Bloody Red Raspberry & Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes
Prep time: 2 minutes cook time: 20 minutes makes: 18 mini muffins
You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour or amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup rapadura sugar
- 1 beetroot, very finely grated
- 1/2 cup raspberries , fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch Himalayan salt
For the garnish:
- 18 raspberries (fresh work best)
- Green yogurt or labne
- 1 tbsp. cacao for dusting
Let’s make it:
- Pre heat oven 170C/350F. Line 18 mini muffin tins with baking paper or patty pans.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blitz 30 seconds.
- Pour into muffin trays and bake 17-20 mins.
- Top with Greek yoghurt or labne, torn fresh raspberries, dust with cacao and stick on bats!
Clean Chocolate Crackles from Oh My Goodness
Prep time: 2 minutes make time: 10 minutes (plus cooling time) set time: one hour in refrigerator (or until set)
You will need:
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
For the topping:
- Desiccated coconut
- Goji berries
What to do:
- Combine puffed rice, desiccated coconut and raw cacao in a mixing bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, add rice malt syrup and allow to cool before adding to mixing bowl, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into cup cake (or mini cupcake cases) and top with desiccated coconut and goji berries. Refrigerate and allow to set, then serve to unsuspecting trick or treaters and watch as they shriek in delight (or fright)!
Imagery credit: Carlie Monasso (stylist) and Samara Clifford (Photography)