Introducing our grab and go green banana flour mini muffins! These teeny treats are the perfect size to snack on when you’re on the go or to hold off those mid morning tummy growls. 😋
What’s Green Banana Flour?
They’re made with green banana flour which is a gluten free and a resistant starch which helps aid digestion, maintain a healthy gut, increase absorption of minerals and antioxidants and can also assist in reducing cholesterol and insulin sensitivity as well as support a healthy colon.
Thanks to the sweet potato they’re also high in immune boosting nutrients (like beta-carotene and vitamin C) and topping with hemp seeds adds good fats, protein and minerals.
So, they may be small but they’re packed with nutritious goodness 🙌🏼
Green Banana Flour Savoury Mini Muffins
Our green banana flour mini muffins are delicious served with smashed avo or soft cashew cheese.
Made a double batch and freeze for a handy meal prepped snack!
- 1 cup green banana flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup macadamia oil or olive oil
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato or left over roasted sweet potato
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk depending on texture
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Grease muffin tins or line with patty pans.
- In a large mixing bowl combine banana flour, baking powder, eggs, oil, sweet potato, salt, coconut milk, hemp seeds and pepitas.
- Fill muffin tin with mixture and bake 12-18 minutes depending on size of muffins.
- Cool in tin.
- Serve warm with smashed avocado.