Imagery credit: Carlie Monasso (stylist) and Samara Clifford (Photography)
If you’re short on time (and ingredients!) but need to whip up some fun, healthy Halloween treats – look no further than these Clean Chocolate Crackles.
Quick and easy to make, these healthy Halloween crackles are deliciously crunchy and chocolatey. Why not treat yo’self to a couple while you’re at it wink
Ghostly Chocolate Crackles
prep time: 2 minutes
make time: 10 minutes (plus cooling time)
set time: one hour in refrigerator (or until set)
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
For the topping:
- Desiccated coconut
- Goji berries
- Combine puffed rice, desiccated coconut and raw cacao in a mixing bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, add rice malt syrup and allow to cool before adding to mixing bowl, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into cup cake (or mini cupcake) cases and top with desiccated coconut and goji berries.
- Refrigerate and allow to set.
- Wrap in white napkin or cloth with a ghostly face, then serve to unsuspecting trick or treaters! You’ll be the most popular house in the neighbourhood!
Thank you to Oh My Goodness for this yummy recipe!!