Ok, so believe it or not this recipe was created at the end of summer using up some of the blackberries and raspberries I picked from my home! Yes, I have created a back log of recipes from that long but better late than never I guess hey?
These are so easy to make and they’re perfect using frozen berries (so they’re not just for summer). I love blondies! Don’t get me wrong brownies are spectacular but something about blondies is so more-ish!
- 2 tins chickpeas drained and rinsed well (pat dry with a kitchen cloth)
- 380g peanut or almond butter
- 170g maple syrup
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- pinch sea salt
Chia Berry Filling
- 125g berries (fresh or frozen)
- Juice from ½ orange
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Start by making the Chia Berry Filling. In a small saucepan over a medium heat, add the berries and orange juice. Stir and cook until the berries have almost dissolved (6-10 minutes). Stir in the maple and remove from the heat.
- Tip in the chia seeds and mix well. Leave to one side for 20 minutes to thicken.
- In a food processor, blend all the blondie ingredients together into a smooth thick batter.
- Spoon this batter into a lined brownie tin and smooth out the top as much as you can.
- Make small wells in the batter and dollop in the Chia Berry filling. Use a knife to swirl the filling with the blondie mix.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes (check after 30 minutes. If the top is browning too much just cover with some tin foil for the last 15 mins)!
Share and enjoy! heart
Roz Purcell is a bestselling cookery author and entrepreneur. Roz has successfully launched a stellar media career which includes a winning role on Come Dine with Me Ireland, a guest chef appearance on TV3’s the Restaurant, and a stint as a Celebrity Bainisteor on RTE.
Her passion for healthy food and lifestyle has earned her thousands of followers on social media in recent years. You can connect with Roz on Instagram via @naturalbornfeeder and you can check out more of her delicious recipes here!