The humble cauliflower has been on our dinner plates for generations. But lately, this classic has been receiving a fresh new vibe. From rice to pizza bases, it seems that we’ve underestimated just how versatile (and delicious!) cauliflower can be!
And in bonus news, cauliflower is packed with vitamin k, fights inflammation and boosts brain health. Hooray for cauliflower.
To celebrate its all round goodness, here is a simple recipe from Hemp Foods Australia to try :)
Baked Cauliflower with Tofu Dressing
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 225 g tofu
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp foods Australia hemp seeds hulled
- 1 tablespoon hot hemp mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Remove the leaves of the cauliflower, then place it in a large saucepan with one centimeter of water. Cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, place the tofu in a separate pan in half a centimeter of water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Place the sesame seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat and toast, stirring frequently. When the seeds can be easily crushed between the thumb and the third finger they are done.
- Grind the sesame seeds to a powder in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Place the ground seeds, hemp seeds and tofu in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Blend the miso with a little warm water to form a smooth paste and then and mix into the tofu mixture with the mustard.
- Transfer the cauliflower onto a baking tray and spoon the tofu dressing over it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Will you be baking your cauliflower?