The best thing about an Australian summer is having a bounty of fresh fruit and vegetables to help beat the heat. One of our all-time favourite fruity combinations has got to be mango and coconut. Which is exactly why The Guru Overnight Oats recipe caught our eye in the #MNBXMAS archive. It’s like our healthy version of a Weis bar! We can totally imagine serving this on Christmas morning as a sweet breakfast for the whole family to enjoy. Thank you to the nutrition guru and the chef for this simple, summer recipe.
Guru Overnight Oats Recipe
12 Days of #MNBXMAS: The Guru Overnight Oats
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Serves 2
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup linseeds
- 1/4 cup fresh apple juice
- natural yoghurt
- pulp of one passion fruit
- flaked coconut
- chopped mango and banana
- chia seeds
- In a bowl, soak 1/2 cup oats and 1/4 cup linseeds in 1/4 cup fresh apple juice overnight.
- The next morning take the oat mixture and divide between two glasses and lay on the bottom of each glass.
- Spoon natural yoghurt over the top, followed by the pulp of one passion fruit.
- Sprinkle with flaked coconut, chopped mango and banana.
- Top with chia seeds
For more summer inspired breakfast ideas why not scroll through more amazing entries with the #MNBXMAS hashtag on Instagram.