Whether you’re planning an old fashioned holiday road trip, camping adventure or are heading off on a quest to visit all of your friends and family across the country, there’s nothing worse than being a hangry traveller (well, there probably is… but it’s pretty bad and we’re not great at being hungry here at MNB).
You also don’t need to rely on icky service station snacks or roadside fast food joints. We caught up with Nutritionist and Celebrity Chef, Zoe Bingley-Pullin to get her top 10 healthy travel snacks.
With a little bit of prep, and these super easy healthy travel snacks, you’ll be feeling full of energy and ready for anything!
Top 10 Easy (Healthy!) Travel Snacks
When travelling it can be hard to stick to your usual healthy routine especially when it comes to snacking. This is because you are often on the hop between spots and access to healthy options may be sparse.
However, being prepared with some travel friendly snacks, is the best way to make sure your needs are well catered to when travelling.
Ideally a snack, especially during travel, should contain a source of protein, healthy fats and carbs to fuel you between meals.
Here are some snacks, which contain a good mix:
- Packet of roasted chickpeas or fava beans
- Coconut water + handful of raw nuts/seeds
- Sea salt popcorn
- Canned wild salmon + seed crackers (an easy way to bump up protein intake and healthy fats)
- Fresh fruit (pair with some raw nuts/seeds or nut butter for a more satisfying snack)
- Seed crackers + some nut butter (Or our Grain Free Loaf! with nut butter)
- Homemade trail mix such as coconut flakes, raw nuts/seeds, goji berries, cacao nibs and puffed quinoa (or try these no bake muesli bars!)
- Homemade oat/seed slice (like these Matcha Greenola Bars)
- Whole small carrot + small container nut butter or raw nuts/seeds
- Portion of protein powder to mix with water
Zoe Bingley- Pullin is a celebrity chef and nutritionist who is also one of the experts on Channel 7’s House of Wellness. She is also the author of several successful cookbooks.