They made matcha rawreos! Thanks to our lovely friends at Matcha Maiden and the skills of innovative matcha master chef, Emerson Cooks, we’ve got an incredible version of the classic Oreo to share with you – totally and utterly healthified! How on earth do they do it you ask? It’s as simple as pairing a raw chocolate biscuit and filling it with a green tea cashew cream. This raweo is sure to rival that of it’s unhealthy counterpart, because matcha.
Make Me: Matcha Raweos
Makes: 12 prep and set time: 60 minutes
For the raw chocolate biscuit:
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (or flaxseed meal)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch salt
Combine all ingredients in a food processor, wizz until the mixture clumps together using 2 fingers, transfer the mix onto baking paper, place another piece on top and roll with rolling pin until desired thickness is achieved.
Cut out round shapes and leave in freezer.
For the matcha cream:
- 4 tbsp hot water with 1 heaped tsp mix n matcha powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Place the hot water and matcha in a jar and shake until frothy.
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender, blend until the mix is smooth and creamy.
- Leave in fridge for about 30mins or until the mix is thick and has a workable consistency.
- Pour matcha cream in piping bag, and sandwich biscuits with matcha cream. Store in freezer.