Game, Set, Matcha!
Feeling like something a little sweet that will also give you an energy boost? These green tea custards are perfect for that sweet spot with the added metabolism and fat burning benefits of matcha green tea. Being dairy free, these easy to make custards are tummy friendly and utilise the sweetness of coconut palm sugar combined with a hint of vanilla making them simply delicious. Perfect for that 3pm or after dinner sweet moment, these custards will leave you feeling calm relaxed and happy, with the benefits of L-Theanine working its magic. These keep for 3 days refrigerated.. but we doubt they will last that long!
Green tea custards
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 55 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons green tea powder (we used Zen matcha)
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup golden castor sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Green tea powder to sprinkle
How we do it:
- Preheat oven to 150C/302F. Grease 6 ramekins with coconut oil.
- Whisk together coconut milk, coconut cream, matcha powder in a medium pot and bring to boil. Remove from heat and stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile whisk together egg yolks and golden castor sugar or coconut sugar.
- Strain green tea mixture into egg yolk mixture. Place 6 ramekins in a roasting pan. Fill with custard mixture.
- Fill the roasting pan with enough water to come ½ way up sides of ramekins. Bake for 35 minutes until custard sets.
- Stand 5 minutes, then once cooled down enough transfer to refridgerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.