We know what you’re thinking… avocado isn’t an ingredient you’d traditionally expect to find in a soup, right? But once upon a time we would have turned up our nose at the thought of adding it to our morning smoothie – but now we couldn’t imagine it any other way! Think of it like this – if soup and a smoothie bowl had a deliciously nourishing love child… this avocado and lime soup would be it. Packed full of good fats found in the avocado and tahini, this soup will leave you full for hours – no bread or croutons needed!
AVOCADO AND LIME SOUP
- 2 avocados
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce (optional)
- 1 cup water (warm, if you like warm soup!)
- Himalayan pink salt, to taste
- micro herbs, nuts and seeds to garnish
- Blend all ingredients (except the garnishes) in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with micro herbs, nuts and seeds.
- Enjoy immediately, or save leftovers for a creamy pasta sauce or salad dressing.
Check out Sally’s new book Love Move Eat for more healthy recipes!
The Fit Foodie (aka Sally O’Neil), is on a mission to prove that healthy and nutritious doesn’t have to be boring – and that even while staying in shape you can have your cake and eat it too. After losing 14kg after adopting a healthier lifestyle, Sally has now launched her own range of Protein Ball Mixes: Fit Mixes, so that you too can make healthy treats at home without the fuss. Visit Sally’s website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for delicious recipes, wellness tips and workouts.